Scotto Cheese Lasagna18 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“Baked layers of pasta with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and rich Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce served with Pepperidge Farm® Mozzarella Garlic Bread. Pair with a tricolor salad (arugula, radicchio and endive) with balsamic vinaigrette. For dessert serve biscotti and espresso. ” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Stir the ricotta and the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Layer with 3 lasagna noodles, 1 1/3 cups ricotta mixture, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan and 1 1/2 cups sauce. Repeat to make 2 more layers. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until the lasagna is hot and bubbling and the cheese is melted. Remove the lasagna from the oven. Let the lasagna stand for 1 hour.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F for the bread. Bake the bread according to the package directions
- Cut the bread into 2-inch diagonal slices. Serve the bread with the lasagna.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 914 cal
- 40.5 g
- 81.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"Made this last night. Really good. I added a layer of cooked, crumbled ground beef. My family raved -- even my daughter who does not care for lasagna had a second helping! This morning they asked if w..." See moree could have leftovers tonight. Sure!! Serves WAY more than 8, more like 12. Be sure to use real mozzarella, not the shredded in a bag. Delicious. This will be my lasagna recipe from now on!"
"Awesome basic cheese lasagna recipe! Careful, it makes a HUGE quantity and overflowed a bit in my dish. The yummy taste was worth the drippings on my oven floor though. Good recipe!..." See more"
Extra-Easy Spinach Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.