Prego® Good-For-You Stuffed Peppers10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Good-for-you and really tasty, these peppers stuffed with rice, beef, mozzarella, and Italian sauce are full of zesty flavor. Serve with a green salad for a complete meal.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook the rice without salt or butter according to the package directions.
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat. Stir 2 cups of the sauce and the rice into the skillet.
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Discard the seeds and white membranes. Place the pepper shells in a 17x11-inch roasting pan.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the pepper shells. Pour the remaining sauce over the filled peppers. Cover.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Top with the cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 333 cal
- 14 g
- 25.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"The first time I made this, found it to be a little plain. Made it again today but chopped up 1 large red onion and some fresh garlic (were big on both, but anyone could suit it to taste). Browned it ..." See moreslightly with just a splash of olive oil than added ground beef and some seasoning. Overall good recipe!"
"I thought the recipe was good start but I always add extra stuff to mine. I chopped up onion and fresh garlic and waiters with beef, then with store bought sauce I always add my own stuff, I put some ..." See morefresh garlic, itlian seasoing and parmesan cheese in the sauce before mixing it with everything else. Came out soooooo delicious my husband loved it and my older daughter hates peppers but loves this"
"These turned out wonderful! I skipped the rice and threw in a half coup of oats, also I added two cups of shredded cheddar in the meat mix along with garlic salt. I topped them with at the beginning..." See more of the baking with mozzarella and Parmesan. Even my 3 year old loved them!"
Prego(R) Now and Later Baked Ziti
Prego(R) Porcupine Meatballs
Just swipe to see more like this.