Grilled Asparagus Soup6 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 33 min
- Ready In: 43 min
“Tender grilled asparagus flavors this fabulous soup made with Swanson® Vegetable Broth, sauteed onion and garlic, and a hint of fresh rosemary. ” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a large platter. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat the grill to medium. Place a multi-functional perforated grill pan on the grill. Place the asparagus on the pan in a single layer and grill for 8 minutes or until the asparagus is tender-crisp, turning halfway through cooking. Remove from heat to a cutting board and let cool.
- Heat the remaining oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, cut the grilled asparagus diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the flour to the onion mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Gradually stir in the broth. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place 1/3 of the broth mixture into an electric blender or food processor container. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Repeat the blending process twice more with the remaining broth mixture. Return all of the pureed mixture to the saucepan. Add the remaining asparagus and rosemary. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 89 cal
- 5.2 g
- 9.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This was really quite good, and my kids liked it, which is always a plus. I thought it was a good soup but could use a little seasoning change to give it more flavor. . . not sure what to add, though..." See more. Will probably make this again and tinker with it a little, though it is not bad as written."
"Delicious!!! I used chicken broth as I thought the vegetable may be too bland. I also tossed my asparagus in a zip lock bag, poured some olive oil over it, sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic and l..." See moreet it maranade a while before grilling. That alone is amazing!"
"Love this! I substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth. The recipe is not 100% clear so this is what I did: -cut the asparagus into 2 inch spears -grill the asparagus with the oil -once the onion/f..." See morelour/oil/broth mixture is boiling I add the grilled asparagus (if you would like to keep a couple spears out to use as garnish now is the time) -simmer for 10mins -blend the soup So much flavor and lovely texture."
Swanson(R) Roasted Tomato and Barley Soup
Butternut Squash Soup with Sage
Just swipe to see more like this.