Swanson® Braised Beef with Shallots and Mushrooms11 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 3 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 20 min
“Beef is simmered to fork-tenderness in a sauce of rich Swanson® Beef Stock, shallots and mushrooms, and is finished with an aromatic topping of lemon and parsley.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Coat the beef with flour.
- Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the skillet.
- Add the shallots to the skillet. Cook for 10 minutes or until they're tender. Stir in the stock, tomatoes, vinegar and sugar and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Remove the beef and vegetables from the skillet.
- Increase the heat to high. Cook for 10 minutes or until the stock mixture thickens. Return the beef and vegetables to the skillet. Season as desired. Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon peel.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 467 cal
- 28.3 g
- 29.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Really easy and really good. I didn't have shallots to hand, so I substituted a large, chopped vidalia onion, and added a chopped clove of garlic. It smells amazing while it cooks. Served with mashed ..." See morepotatoes and salad."
"This is delicious! My meat and potatoes man and I loved it. I did not add the parsley or lemon zest, but otherwise made the dish as written. I've given this recipe to a few people, and it's always ..." See morewell received. "
"My husband & I made this for dinner last night and it was very good! However, next time we make it, we will cut down on the amount of lemon rind. We found it too overpowering for us. But, if you like ..." See morea lot of lemon flavor (which seemed to us a strange combination with beef, but decided to try it anyway) then by all means, use the 2Tbl it calls for. Husband said he would also cut down on the parsley, but he's not a huge parsley fan. I loved the parsley! Will make this again!"
Swanson(R) Pan-Seared Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
Beef Mushroom Stroganoff
Just swipe to see more like this.