Chicken and Tortellini Stew9 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Diced chicken breast is browned and added to golden Swanson® Chicken Broth, along with tender cheese-filled tortellini, carrots, onion and green beans.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Stir the cornstarch and water in a small cup until smooth. Set the mixture aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken.
- Add the remaining oil to the saucepot. Add the carrots, beans and onions. Cook over medium heat until the vegetable are tender-crisp.
- Stir in the broth. Heat to a boil. Add the tortellini and parsley, if desired. Cook for 10 minutes or until the tortellini is tender. Return the chicken to the saucepot and heat through.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and stir it into the saucepot. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens slightly.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 189 cal
- 8 g
- 14.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"this was very good! it was absolutely perfect for a cold winter night. the only thing i did differently was pull rotisserie chicken, which probably helped add a lot of flavor as it was lemon-peppered...." See more i also added a little salt and pepper to the vegetables when cooking them over oil. i loved it!"
"Hubby & kids liked it, definitely on the rotation. I added some garlic and a dash of Worcester sauce (I don't usually change a recipe I rate but this was just a bit bland for me)...." See more"
"It was ok, kind of bland tasting for me when initially made. So I changed it up a bit-I used precooked chicken strips found in deli aisle (for nites when I REALLY need a quick meal), which saved me a ..." See morestep. I cooked the carrots in pan so I didn't have to boil as long, with onions and some spices (garlic pepper, basil, various ones from the cabinet I experimented with), then I boiled in chicken broth. Before carrots got too tender I added more frozen veggies (broccoli, corn), the chicken, and the tortellini. I added a bit more cornstarc/water mixture to make it a bit thicker. It helped, but I want to try to make more of a cream sauce with this recipe as the backbone next time. "
Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow-Simmered Chicken Rice Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.