Trinidad Sweetbread4 Reviews
“A traditional coconut and fruit bread from the island of Trinidad in the Caribbean.” - by Bernadette
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 5x9 inch loaf pans and set aside.
- Blend together the butter, sugar, eggs, evaporated milk and almond extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and stir.
- Add coconut, coarsely mixed dry chopped fruit and raisins. Mix well and pour into prepared loaf tins.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 1063 cal
- 30 g
- 188.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is larger than two 9x5 loafs of bread! The batter fills the 9x5 pans to the very top, so 350 degrees for 35 minutes is not long enough to cook the dough in the middle. It turns out burned..." See more on the outside, raw on the inside."
"Delicious recipe! Tastes like my Mom's. As a personal preference, I would use less sugar and a little less coconut and substitute Trinidad mixed essense (may be found in a West Indian or Indian gro..." See morecery) for the almond extract. Thanks for the submission...I will be making this again!"
Grandma's Homemade Banana Bread
Fruit Bread I
Just swipe to see more like this.