Grilled Stuffed Red Snapper22 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“You can either stuff the fish with the seafood filling or simplify this recipe for yourself by spooning the stuffing on top of each fish fillet.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat coals in a covered grill to high heat.
- To Make Stuffing: Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a skillet. Add the bread crumbs. Saute and stir the mixture over medium-high heat till the bread crumbs are browned. Remove the bread crumbs to a mixing bowl.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in the skillet and saute the onions, celery and garlic until tender; add to bread crumbs in mixing bowl, then stir in shrimp, crab, parsley, salt and pepper and toss gently.
- Cut foil to form a double-thickness 18x12-inch rectangle. Lay the fish fillets on the double thickness of foil. Mound the stuffing on top of the fillets.
- Curl up the edges of the foil to form a tray. In a covered grill, arrange the preheated coals at either side of the grill. Test for medium heat above the center of the grill. Place the fish in foil in the center of the grill rack. Cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes or just until the fish flakes easily.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 258 cal
- 8.4 g
- 10.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe. I left out the celery and piled the stuffing on top of the fish and baked at 350 for 18 mins...." See more"
"I used a whole snapper split open instead of filets and changed the stuffing recipe because my husband does not eat shell fish. I replaced the shell fish w/ Baked Blue Snapper. You can use any other ..." See moretype of light fish you prefer in this recipe. The end result was delicious!!!"
Veracruz-Style Red Snapper
Pan Seared Red Snapper
Just swipe to see more like this.