Slow Cooker Northern White Bean Bacon Chowder25 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 hr
- Ready In: 10 hr 30 min
“This very savory chowder derives it's flavors from a variety of vegetables, Northern white beans, bacon and seasonings all pureed together in a chicken broth base. Best served with herb toast. I use reduced sodium chicken broth.” - by CORWYNN DARKHOLME
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place beans in a large bowl with the water, cover, and soak overnight.
- In a large skillet over medium to medium high heat, fry the bacon until crispy. Drain the bacon fat and crumble the bacon; set aside.
- In a slow cooker, combine the carrot, celery, onion, potato, Italian- style seasoning, ground black pepper, reserved beans and crumbled bacon. Pour the broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7 1/2 to 9 hours, or until beans are crisp to tender.
- Transfer 2 cups at a time to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Return all to slow cooker, add the milk, cover and heat on high for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 331 cal
- 14.3 g
- 34.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"Instead of putting in food processor, I used my hand blender right in the crock pot. Worked great!..." See more"
"This turned out really good tonight. I left out the italian seasoning, carrots, and celery. We added lots of garlic and it really added a nice flavor to it. I also didn't puree this at all. I cooked e..." See moreverything in the crockpot and added the milk during the last 30 minutes."
Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
Just swipe to see more like this.