Lavender Lemon Bars9 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“I'm totally addicted to using lavender as flavoring. If you think it sounds weird, may I suggest not knocking it like I did until you try it.” - by AngelaD74
Original recipe yields 24 bars
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x12 inch baking dish.
- Make lavender sugar by blending the sugar and 2 teaspoons lavender buds in a blender; blend until the lavender is powdered.
- Blend together with an electric mixer 1/4 cup of the lavender sugar, butter, coconut oil, 2 cups flour, and salt in a bowl until a dough forms; press into the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top begins to turn golden brown; about 15 minutes.
- While the dough bakes, mix together the remaining lavender sugar, 1/4 cup flour, eggs, lemon juice, lemon extract, and 1/2 teaspoon lavender buds; pour over the baked crust and return to the oven to bake until the center is set, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely and dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 180 cal
- 7.1 g
- 27.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"These were very good. I have an essential oil company. If you don't like the texture of the lavender buds, you can add a couple of drops of high quality lavender essential oil to the recipe...." See more"
"I'm fortunate to live in an area where there is a lavender farm, so lavender is easily obtained. If you make this recipe, be sure to use only lavender that has been grown for use in cooking. It will b..." See moree pesticide free and organic. That is very important so that no poisons are ingested. This is a nice, light recipe. "
"This is a nice change from the usual lemon bars. I used an 8 x 8 pan and had to cook both stages a little longer. But this helped make a denser bar, which I prefer. I also used egg substitute instead ..." See moreof whole eggs. The color wasn't that great so I added three drops of yellow food coloring. I did not really like the bigger pieces of lavender in the lemon base. In fact, mine kind of migrated toward the middle instead of being evenly distributed throughout the egg mixture. So I would suggest grinding them up with a mortar and pestle or a small food processor. I also added the zest of a lemon. Wasn't sure how the kids would like this, but they did. They are used to eating lavender though. "
Lemon Pie Bars
Bake Sale Lemon Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.