Ham and Mushroom Baked Eggs16 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“My mother always makes this excellent egg and mushroom breakfast casserole for Christmas brunch. It's wonderful.” - by LYTHA
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Make the cheese sauce: Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan on top of the stove. Quickly stir the flour into the saucepan until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the milk, salt and pepper; continue stirring until the mixture is smooth and thick. Finally, stir in the cheese until it is melted.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a skillet, saute butter and onions. Pour the beaten eggs and ham into the skillet; scramble until set. Fold the mushrooms and cheese sauce into the eggs. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the egg and mushroom casserole for 30 minutes in the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 313 cal
- 23.5 g
- 7.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"I had to double the cheese for the cheese sauce, double the mushrooms and double the onions. It was otherwise too eggy and the cheese sauce too starchy. But with those adjustments, I've had several pe..." See moreople request a copy of the recipe. Plus, for a smaller group, we just cut the recipe in half (still doubling ingredients above) and used a 8x8" pyrex. That came out great, too."
"I made this for family brunch a few times, everyone loves it! It's nice that there is no bread, for those who are doing low carb..." See more"
Ham Cups and Eggs
Just swipe to see more like this.