Sausage, Apples, and Noodles6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is more of a dessert than anything. This Pennsylvania-Dutch meal is a favorite at our family potlucks and will fill you up quickly. It also makes great leftovers for lunches.” - by Amy Stauffer
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the egg noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook the sausages until completely cooked, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour the melted butter into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish; layer half of the cooked egg noodles into the bottom of the dish; top with half of the sausage slices and half of the apple slices; sprinkle about half of the cinnamon-sugar mix over the dish. Repeat layers with remaining noodles, sausage, apples, and cinnamon-sugar. Dot with the butter pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the apples are soft, 30 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 743 cal
- 33.1 g
- 88.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"The family liked it. Everyone said it was diffrent. I will be making it again. I used some amish egg noddles when I made it and I mixed every thing together rather than puting it in layers. EXCELLENT ..." See moreDISH."
"Very good. I neglected to had the sugar and cinnamon. Also instead of layers I just mixed it all together. I added about 3/4 cup of water to the dish before I put it in the oven, covered with foil to ..." See moreprevent the noodles from drying out. Stir at about 20 min and then cook another 15 to 20 min. Kids and wife loved it. When I make it again I will add more apples."
Sausage and Apple Stuffing
Turkey Sausage Noodles
Just swipe to see more like this.