Spinach Pastry Diamonds7 Reviews
- Prep: 50 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“An updated version of an appetizing Greek favorite -- it features spinach, onion, eggs, nutmeg, Swiss cheese and mushroom soup in between two pastry layers. All baked to flaky goodness.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 35 servings
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender. Add spinach.
- Mix soup, 3 eggs, cheese and nutmeg. Stir in spinach mixture.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll into 13x9 inch rectangle. Place pastry in 13x9 inch baking dish. Spread spinach mixture on pastry.
- Roll remaining pastry sheet to 13x9 inch rectangle. Place on spinach mixture. Tuck in edges. Mix remaining egg and water. Brush pasty with egg mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until pastry is puffed and browned. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut in a diamond pattern to make 35 pieces.
Amount Per Serving (35 total)
- 93 cal
- 6.3 g
- 6.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Very easy to make, and it tastes awesome! So that no one struggles like I did, have everything prepped and ready for when the pastry dough thaws. Because when it really, really thaws - it becomes a ..." See moresticky mess! Still eatable . . . just not pretty - lol."
"Not big on mushrooms so simply used Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken soup Although the recipe neglects to mention this, do not dilute with water. Follow the recipe (DO NOT forget the nutmeg, i..." See moret DOES make a difference) and it comes out perfect and tastes fabulous. Great for entertaining. I added a photo. Enjoy."
Extra-Easy Spinach Lasagna
Roasted Winter Vegetable Ragout in Pastry Cups
Just swipe to see more like this.