Savory Herb-Crusted Chicken Pot Pie13 Reviews
- Prep: 55 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Tender chicken and mixed vegetables are bathed in gravy made with Swanson® Chicken Broth, then topped with a Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry crust that has been dusted with chopped fresh herbs.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stir the egg and water with a fork in a small bowl.
- Stir the chicken and vegetables in a 13x9 inch shallow baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir the broth into the saucepan and heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a low and cook for about 3 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Pour over the chicken mixture.
- Unroll the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the sheet to a 13x9 inch rectangle. Place the pastry over the chicken mixture, gently pressing the pastry to the edge of the dish to seal. Flute the edges if desired. Brush with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the herbs. Cut several 2 inch long slits on the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and filling is bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 542 cal
- 24.9 g
- 38.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Yummy...I added the seasonings to the gravy rather than on top. There is too much flour called for in the gravy and not enough gravy overall. I used 3 cups total and still had to make more to serve ..." See morewith the pot pie as there was no liquid. I also added some sauteed onion and garlic and cooked the frozen veggies in broth for extra flavor. I will absolutely make this again, but will again add the seasonings to the filling add more gravy before cooking. "
"Soooo excited to find a recipe for chicken pot pie that doesn't use any dairy (can't have). I have missed being able to eat chicken pot pie for years! Thanks so much! PS: I saute mushrooms and onio..." See morens, then add frozen vegetables and cook briefly w/the herbs and then add the chicken."
Leslie du Mont
"This recipe is essentially what I made last night. (Wish I'd seen it last night.) :-) I used canned veggies of potatoes, carrots, peas and corn. I kept the chicken veggie mixture on the stove over low..." See more heat with a can of cream of chicken soup. The step that I also added was to saute chopped onion and celery in a little butter and olive oil and then add herbs and then the flour. After it cooked for a min or two, I added heavy cream and cooked it til it bubbled and then added extra cream again. I then added the flour mixture to the chicken veggie mixture and cooked it for another 4 min or so to thicken it up. Talk about a rich chicken pot pie! I found this recipe this a.m. If I'd had it last night I wouldn't have winged it as much, but I did like the way this recipe is VERY similar to what I did. :-) My family went back for thirds!!"
Chicken Pot Pie
Citrus Chicken and Rice
Just swipe to see more like this.