Oven Stew II14 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 2 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“This is an easy oven stew that can be doubled or tripled with success. It contains beef, potatoes and other mixed vegetables, all cooked in one pan. Also wonderful the next day.” - by JOLO
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in the meat, seal the bag and shake well to coat. Spread the oil in the bottom of a 10x15 inch roasting pan, then arrange the meat in a single layer in the pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, peas, water, onion soup mix, salt and ground black pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon, cover and return to the oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or to desired tenderness.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 708 cal
- 41.1 g
- 45.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"Best stew recipe I've tried so far. Omitted the peas and doubled the potatoes and it was just right!..." See more"
"Great recipe for a cold day...I added a couple cloves of garlic and browned the meat in oil before putting it in the casserole. I also added a half an onion, which becomes sweet in the oven. I mixed..." See more the water with the soup before pouring it over the whole thing. *one other thing* as a person with celiac sprue, I substituted 2 Tbs. of tapioca for the flour, as a thickener. I will use this recipe again!"
Oven Stew I
Oven Beef and Potato Stew
Just swipe to see more like this.