Roasted Garlic, Bell Pepper and Tomato Blender Sauce11 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This was a recipe that I created one summer afternoon when I had a big crop of tomatoes from my garden. It is wonderful on pasta with a sprinkle of Romano cheese.” - by NUBBYJEN
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place whole unpeeled head of garlic in an oven-safe dish with 1/4 cup water and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on garlic. Roast in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put tomatoes in a blender and blend until pureed. Add bell peppers and blend until pureed.
- Break roasted cloves of garlic and squeeze 5 cloves into blender; blend in garlic. Add 4 tablespoons olive oil and blend briefly. Add salt and pepper to taste, dried red pepper flakes and basil; blend.
- The sauce is ready, but can either be refrigerated for a couple of days to blend the flavors or can be frozen. Sauce can be served cold or heated up until just warm.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 217 cal
- 17.9 g
- 12.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I really enjoyed this recipe. I didn't have any roasted red pepper in a jar so i followed the roasted red pepper recipe from this site. I also substituted two tbs. oil for some sundried tomato salad d..." See moreressing. It turned out wonderful. will certainly make again!"
"I changed a few things to make it perfect and spicy. I used fresh bell peppers. 2 red and 2 yellow roasted and skinned under cold water. 1 onion sliced, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 14-ou..." See morence can chopped tomatoes, 1 pound pasta shells. Parmesan cheese to serve. "
"This was a good way to use up my garden tomatoes. I used fresh roasted bells as well, and it turned out excellent. The flavor was lacking a little something, so only four stars, but perhaps it was my ..." See moretaste buds. Enjoyable hot or cold. Used some immediately and froze some. Thanx Jennifer."
Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
Garlic Roasted Tomato Spread
Just swipe to see more like this.