Jiffy Casserole139 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This is a quick, easy and tasty casserole. Even my grandkids ask for second helpings! It includes fresh onions and potatoes layered with ground beef in a creamy sauce.” - by LadyGuin2
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and pour in oil. Saute onion in oil until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside. In the same skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Place a layer of potatoes into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and then spread a layer of ground beef over the potatoes, followed by a layer of onions.
- Repeat layers, ending with potatoes. In a medium bowl, combine the soup with the water. Mix well and pour over the casserole mixture. Sprinkle with paprika to taste.
- Cover pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 538 cal
- 30.7 g
- 45.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (139)Rate This Recipe
"I needed a recipe to feed 5 kids (3 of them as guests) so I was pressed for time! I did brown the beef w/ the onions and added season salt plus garlic powder. Milk instead of water. I layared potatoes..." See more, then 1/2 of beef, plus added 1 cup of frozen green beans, rest of beef and baked at 400 for 45-55 mins...topped w/ cheese last 5 mins of baking. Kids loved it!!"
"I made this recipe tonite and it was GREAT!!!!! But I used 2 cans of mushroom soup to make it creamier, and then at the end of the cooking time I topped it with cheese. I also added bell pepper to sau..." See morete with the onions, and some garlic powder in the meat while it cooked. Will make again and again!!"
"Taste was very good. Needed several changes however. 2 cans of soup instead of one, one onion instead of two, canned green beans were an excellent addition, and I will definitely use frozen hash brown..." See more potatos next time instead of cubed as they did not fully cook through. Great base recipe though, and will make again as my family loved it."
Sausage Casserole I
Hamburger Potato Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.