- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“An almond-filled, soft, and sweet pie. Serve this warm with vanilla ice cream, sprinkle with icing sugar, or cover with icing.” - by Annleih
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Beat the 1 3/4 sticks butter and 2/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Whisk the 2/3 cup flour, almond meal, and 1 teaspoon baking powder together in a large bowl. Add the butter mixture and 2 teaspoon vanilla to the flour mixture; mix until soft. Chill in refrigerator for 5 minutes. Press the dough into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden in color, 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- While the crust cooks, beat the egg and 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the 7 tablespoons butter, almond paste, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3 1/2 tablespoons flour, and 1 teaspoon baking powder and mix well. Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) until the surface of the pie filling is firm, 30 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 542 cal
- 37.9 g
- 45 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe More Reviews
Maple Pecan Shortbread Squares
Mellissa's Grandma's Blackberry Cobbler
Just swipe to see more like this.