Sweet and Sour Meatloaf281 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Our family loves this meatloaf! It's covered with a tangy sweet and sour sauce made on the stove. It is very good!” - by JOLO
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, salt, ground black pepper, eggs, onion flakes and 1/2 of the can of tomato sauce. Mix together well and place into a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Push the meatloaf down into the pan forming a well for the sauce around all the edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, white sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- After meatloaf has cooked for 40 minutes, remove from oven and pour sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 more minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 547 cal
- 32.9 g
- 38.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (281)Rate This Recipe
"I have had this recipe for years and everyone loves it. A couple of tips that have made this even better: bake the loaf in a larger casserole dish and double the sauce recipe - it's the best part! ..." See moreSince the loaf itself is just average, I use 1 lb ground sirloin and 1/2 lb hot italian sausage and I add about 1/2 cup or so of the fancy (thin) shredded sharp cheddar cheese. This has made a fantastic recipe even better. Also, for parties I have made meatballs instead of the loaf, baked them, and then put them in a crock pot with the double sauce recipe - always a big hit."
"This is great! I've made it many, many times. My roommate and I both enjoy this at least once a month. I've made a few changes though: I use 3 teaspoons of dried minced onions, add 3 teaspoons of m..." See moreinched garlic and add a 1/2 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese. Suggestions: When making the sauce add the mustard as the next ingredient after the tomatoe sauce. This will ensure it gets mixed in well. Prior to pouring the sauce over the top of the meatloaf be sure to drain out the fat. I love this recipe, it is wonderful!"
"Yup ... five stars. Everyone LOVES this comfort meal. Just a couple of tips: after cooking for 40 minutes, drain the fat before adding the glaze, and secondly, cut back a little on the breadcrumbs ..." See moreif you like it a little firmer. The next time, I will try substituting the sugar for Splenda. All in all, this is a def keeper. Thanks."
Tangy Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
Just swipe to see more like this.