Pumpkin Shortbread Bars25 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“These are exactly like lemon bars but made with pumpkin instead of lemon. it will become a new tradition every Thanksgiving!” - by stephaniestennes
Original recipe yields 12 bars
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Beat 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract together until blended. Mix in 1 cup flour until no longer dry. Press into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes. Reduce the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk together 1/3 cup flour, the baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; set aside. Beat the eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and the pecans together in a bowl until the pumpkin is smooth. Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated and spread the batter over the parbaked crust.
- Place 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup of cold butter into a bowl. Press the butter into the flour using a pastry blender or fork until no pieces of butter remain and the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the pumpkin batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in the pan. Cut into bars before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 358 cal
- 16.2 g
- 50.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"Perfect BUT...you need to make some modifications: 1. classic shortbread has salt and NO VANILLA. Switch out the 1/4 tsp vanilla for 1/4 tsp salt. 2. the crumble has too much of an uncooked flour tas..." See morete. Cut back to 1/3 C and add 1/3 C brown sugar and 1/4 tsp salt. I also baked these for 10 minutes longer than directed so the topping would slightly brown."
"These pumpkins bars are fantastic. Your guests will love them. I cut them in 1 and 1/2 inch squares. They are loaded with calories! but oh so good!..." See more"
"I was hopeful, but then sadly dissappointed in this recipe. The shortbread wasn't sweet enough for my liking, as it ended up tasting more like pie crust. Overall i thought this was good, it just was..." See moren't what I was looking for based on the name. I added 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the pumpkin mix, and added the nuts in with the topping. The topping needs less flour: 1/3 c flour, 1/3 c white sugar, 1/3 c brown sugar worked great. I used an 8x8 pan because i didn't think i could get the crust spread out in the bigger pan. I ended up cooked for 10 min longer because of the thickness. If you're looking for a pumpkin pie bar, this woud work. I'll keep searching for a better use for pumpkin."
Pumpkin Bars I
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.