Chocolate Chocolate Biscotti15 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Wonderful double chocolate biscotti recipe. Like most biscotti, these store very well.” - by EHOLT
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar, margarine and olive oil until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and egg substitute. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate pieces. Cover, and chill dough for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Roll each piece into a log about 9 inches long. Place the logs onto the prepared cookie sheets about 4 inches apart. Flatten each one down to 1 inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until firm. Cool on sheets for 15 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Move the cookie loaves to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice each loaf crosswise into 3/4 inch slices. Return slices to the baking sheet cut side down and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until dry and lightly toasted. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 163 cal
- 7 g
- 23.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Sadly, this is not truly an eggless recipe. The recipe calls for liquid egg substitute, which is simply egg whites. Not for those with egg allergies!..." See more"
"I had to adjust this recipe for personal preference and items on hand - canola oil, 3 whole eggs and 1 tsp almond extract. Followed directions as written. By far, the best biscotti I have ever made, I..." See moreMHO! Looking forward to sharing with my biscotti-loving family at the river over July 4th. Thank you, EHOLT for a winning recipe."
mauigirl.. Intermediate not a
"Excellent. Had to make some changes and it worked beautifully. Used vegetable oil instead of olive oil because my olive oil is too fragrant. Also subbed splenda for the sugar because my hubby is a dia..." See morebetic. Used semi sweet chips cuz I had no milk chocolate and added 1 cup of roughly chopped almonds. Terrific results. This will be my new chocolate biscotti recipe. Thanks for sharing."
Marietta's White Chocolate Macadamia Biscotti
Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti
Just swipe to see more like this.