Garbanzo Bean Burgers19 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“These tasty garbanzo bean burgers are quick, healthy, and cheap. Served with either a nice green salad, or a bun with salsa or mayo, they make a nice main meal or party snack. Plus my little one will eat them so that's always good! They're oven baked too, not fried in fat (even though you could!).” - by Lillitu
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place garbanzo beans in the bowl of a food processor with bell pepper, carrot, garlic, red chile pepper, cilantro, tahini, salt, and pepper. Place the lid on the food processor, and pulse 5 times, then scrape the sides, and pulse the mixture until it is evenly mixed. If the mixture looks dry, add olive oil.
- Refrigerate garbanzo bean burger mixture for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Shape the chilled garbanzo bean burger mixture into patties.
- Bake 20 minutes, then carefully flip burgers and bake 10 more minutes, or until evenly browned.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 140 cal
- 4.2 g
- 21.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"both my boyfriend and i thought these were so so sooo good! i was afraid at first that the mixture was too gloppy, but i plopped it by the spoonful on the baking sheet and they came out great. i didn'..." See moret have any red chilies so i used a few pinches of crushed chili flakes. also, i made the patties early in the day and just let them sit. hours later i warmed them on our george foreman grill. this is a super easy and yummy recipe that we'll definitely make again and again. "
"Very easy and good! I added diced white onion to the mix as well as cumin and garlic salt. I added just a very little olive oil, but maybe I should have put in a bit more because the patties fell apar..." See moret easily."
"These were good - but you need to add and egg and some bread crumbs or oatmeal as a binder. We liked them a lot - I made the patties into rectangles because my wraps are rectangular shape. I spread so..." See moreme chummus on the wrap, placed the garbanzo bean burgers on top and added some slaw and some spinach leaves. It was really good - but I prefer the Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers from this site. This is a nice variation."
Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free!)
Simple Falafel (Chickpea Burgers)
Just swipe to see more like this.