Asparagus Casserole23 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“This cheesy asparagus recipe is simple, quick, and fantastic!” - by Big Mamma
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper; blend thoroughly. Gradually stir in 3/4 cup of reserved asparagus liquid and the milk; cook (stirring constantly) until the sauce is thickened and smooth . If the mixture is too thick, more asparagus liquid or milk can be added until the mixture reaches the desired consistency. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Layer the asparagus, eggs, cheese, and almonds into the casserole. Repeat the layering until all of the ingredients are used. Spoon the sauce over the layers and sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes; or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 406 cal
- 29.3 g
- 19.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"Easy and fast. I will not make again. Probably would have been better with fresh asparagus, I thought it was mushy and the bread crumbs didn't brown...." See more"
"This is the best asparagus casserole I have ever had. My family prefers fresh asparagus, so I just made the substitution and it was still great!..." See more"
My Asparagus Casserole
Bo's Asparagus Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.