Baked Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Coconut Milk Soup12 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 2 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 50 min
“Great use for a left over uncarved Halloween pumpkin!” - by serenadelorenzo
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Puncture acorn squash and pumpkin in several places using a knife. Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil. Place squash, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pumpkin begins to cave in and the skin browns, about 2 hours.
- Remove the skin, then chop the sweet potatoes. Skin, seed, and chop the pumpkin and acorn squash. Place the sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and acorn squash in a large pot and mash until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk until incorporated, reserving 1/2 cup for garnish, then stir in the chicken broth. Season with salt, pepper, lime juice, and ground ginger.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with a lime wedge and a drizzle of coconut milk.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 302 cal
- 17.2 g
- 37.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I like the recapie it sounds yummy! I think this is the one I'm gonna use for our Thanksgiving dinner! but it's much easier to cut the pumpkin and squash in half first then bake. not only is it easier..." See more to handle after you take it out of the oven but it takes 1/2 the time to cook. pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. cut you squashes in half and scoop out all the seeds then cover them with tin foil and place directly on the middle rack. it will take any where from 30 min to an hour for it to be done. It just depends on the size of your pumpkin. if it's not done after 30 min bake in 15 min increments till it is. Once it's fork tender let cool till you can handle it and just scoop it out of the shell. Happy cooking!"
"This soup is a fail-proof bowl of delicious-ness! I made it for two, with leftover baked pumpkin pie pumpkin (about 2 cups) and a sweet potato, and it was the bomb. My hubby and I couldn't eat it fas..." See moret enough...!"
"Thanks so much for posting this! With Thanksgiving coming up, I needed to know how to bake a pumpkin for making soup and pies; I've moved to the UK, and I haven't seen any canned pumpkin anywhere! So,..." See more thanks so much for just that small part! :) (I didn't actually try the recipe so I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt, because it wouldn't let me post a message without rating the recipe) I do hope to try the whole recipe one day though; it sounds delicious, and right up my alley. Cheers!"
Sweet Potato, Carrot, Apple, and Red Lentil Soup
Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Leek Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.