Cirak (Egg Cheese Roll)4 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 day 2 hr 40 min
“A delicious egg, sugar, and milk pudding/cake dessert. This recipe requires about 3 hours to drain, and 24 hours of refrigeration to achieve it's best possible flavor.” - by Lindibakes
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Line a large colander with a cheesecloth, allowing it to hang over the sides.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat slightly. Stir in sugar, salt, vanilla and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Heat milk in large saucepan over low heat until almost boiling, do not scorch. Slowly stir in egg mixture, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the mixture binds.
- Pour the hot mixture into the cheesecloth colander. Lift cheesecloth out of bowl, squeezing to remove as much liquid as you can. Tie cloth up tightly. Let it hang over sink or bowl for up to 3 hours. Cover with a damp linen and place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Remove cheesecloth and slice to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 212 cal
- 8.5 g
- 23.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I grew up eating Cirak. Perhaps that is why I like it so much. If you like Cirak, or if you grew up with it and would like to try making it yourself, this is an excellent recipe. Thanks for sharing..." See more!"
"I never heard of this, but it sounds delicious and will be trying it soon. Looks like it is good for you also, and without alot of extra calories you can have a tasty dessert...." See more"
Peppermint Pink Valentine Mold
Hong Kong Style Egg Tarts
Just swipe to see more like this.