Shrimp and Asparagus266 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This recipe is a delicious option for shrimp. Shrimp sauteed with asparagus and mushrooms, tossed with egg noodles.” - by Cathy Christensen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small saucepan, boil or steam asparagus in enough water to cover until tender; chop and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to full boil, place the pasta in the pot and return to a rolling boil; cook until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in the olive oil over medium-low heat until the garlic is golden brown.
- Place butter and lemon juice in the saucepan. Heat until the butter has melted. Place the shrimp in the saucepan and cook until the shrimp turns pink. Place the mushrooms and asparagus into the saucepan, cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Toss the shrimp and vegetable mixture with the egg noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 653 cal
- 42.2 g
- 45.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (266)Rate This Recipe
"Made some changes to this recipe to make it easier and healthier--chopped asparagus into bite-size pieces and sauteed in about 2T olive oil with garlic about 5 min. Add 1 stick low fat marg., lemon j..." See moreuice and frozen shrimp. Served over mini ziti and sprinkled with parmesan. Left out mushrooms as my husband doesn't like them. Using my version the meal is considerably lower in fat and you eliminate a step by not steaming asparagus. Taste was very fresh, light and healthy. Will definitely make this again next spring!"
"I was quite impressed with this recipe! So easy and SO good!! I cooked the mushrooms, asparagus, butter and minced garlic in a separate pan. Then, at the same time I had the egg noodles cooking and..." See more also cooked the shrimp, butter, a pinch of minced garlic, the lemon juice and added a few dashes of Creole Seasoning. This reduced the cooking time and then I was able to just throw it all together and serve it warm. By adding the Creole seasoning, it gave it more flavor, and I will continue to do that each time I make this recipe. I have already shared this recipe with a couple friends who have all made it and thought it was wonderful! Thanks again for a quick, easy and very tasty meal!!"
"I used angel hair pasta instead of egg noodles and only 1/2 cup of butter. I did what one reviewer suggested and sauted the asparagus in olive oil then set aside until I had sauted the shrimp a few mi..." See morenutes. I used the juice of one lemon. To spice up the flavor a bit, I added red pepper flakes and a bunch of Old Bay seasoning. It would have been a bit bland without the red pepper/Old Bay. My husband and I both enjoyed it with these changes. It was very good reheated the next day as well."
Shrimp and Asparagus Fettuccine
Fresh Asparagus and Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.