Holiday Fudge Cake10 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 4 hr
“Makes one 9 inch chocolate cake with nutty fudge topping. Substitute your favorite nuts for the pecans in the topping and garnish.” - by VICKI730
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch round pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch round pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, instant coffee, baking soda and salt. Beat in 1/2 cup softened butter, sour cream, egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack. Gently peel off parchment paper. Cool completely.
- To make the Fudge Nut Glaze: In a small saucepan combine cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, corn syrup, chocolate chips. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue to cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Place cake on serving plate. Pour glaze evenly over cake, allowing some to run down sides. Arrange nuts on top. Refrigerate until glaze is firm, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 403 cal
- 27.9 g
- 37.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I made this cake for Christmas and it was a hit. On top of that, it was easy to make. I have already filed it away and plan to make it again...." See more"
"This cake was wonderful, very chocolatey. The glaze was the best tasting I have used. Usually I make a 2 layer cake & end up throwing half of it away (its just me and my husband). This is the perfect..." See more size. I know, who would throw away chocolate? Thanks for the great recipe. Karen"
Easy Chocolate Fudge Cake
Buttermilk Chocolate Cake with Fudge Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.