Shrimp Wrapped with Prosciutto8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“An adventurous dish of fried polenta cakes, shrimp wrapped in prosciutto and a hazelnut liquor sauce! It is as beautiful to see as it is to eat.” - by PEGW
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a medium-size pot bring water to a boil. Add butter, salt, and pepper. Mix in dry polenta and let cook until thickened, approximately 8 minutes.
- When the polenta has thickened, gently blend mascarpone cheese into it. Remove the pan from heat. Spread polenta-cheese mixture to a 2-inch thickness on an oil-coated surface. When cool, cut a disk using a drinking glass as a cutter. Saute polenta disks in olive oil, in a non-stick skillet. Set aside. (Can be prepared in advance).
- Coat shrimp with hazelnuts and wrap each with a slice of ham. In a skillet, saute shrimp carefully in remaining olive oil. Remove shrimp from the pan and keep them warm.
- Pour hazelnut liquor into another skillet (or the same skillet used to saute the shrimp, cleaned). When hazelnut flavored liquor is hot (but well under the boiling point), carefully flambe (by touching the edge of the pan with the flame of a match or taper). Be careful and stand back when cooking with open flame! When flames die down, add cream and remaining hazelnuts. Lower heat and continue cooking until mixture thickens.
- To assemble, place a polenta disk in the center of a serving dish. Arrange shrimp around the plate. Drizzle sauce mixture on top. Garnish with green onions.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 604 cal
- 52.4 g
- 21 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe as a first course for Christmas dinner. I had 16 adult guests and everyone loved it! I was so surprised to see even the "picky" eaters devouring the whole thing. The flavors all..." See more blended together so deliciously. I used Christmas cookie cutters to cut the polenta, which gave it a festive appeal. Thank you so much. I will definitely be using this recipe again."
"OK - the polenta was a 5, the sauce was a 5, but I did not like the nut and shrimp combo. I am typically very adventurous when it comes to seafood, it just didn't do it for me. I will make the sauce a..." See moregain, just not to put over shrimp."
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts with Orange-Cranberry Jus
Just swipe to see more like this.