Chocolate Pecan Pie V1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This pie is rich and chocolaty - perfect for any time of year!” - by Cathy
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a double boiler melt chocolate and butter or margarine.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a rapid boil and allow mixture to boil 2 minutes. Add chocolate mixture, stirring well.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl. While whisking constantly, pour chocolate mixture over eggs. Whisk in vanilla extract, then stir in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool before serving. Top each slice with a spoonful of whipped topping.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 480 cal
- 26 g
- 63.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I think something is missing from this recipe, or maybe just some extra advice is needed. I tried it twice and both came out badly. The first looked set when I removed it but was drippy in the middle ..." See morewhen served. The second was left in longer and even after my husband (who makes superb pecan pies) determined it "set" did the same. I was really dissappointed with this and it was a letdown at Thanksgiving when I tried to match the one my Opa used to make."
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Pecan Chocolate Chip Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.