Martha Washington Pie1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“This 'cake-pie' contains golden raisins and walnuts topped with a light icing.” - by Brenda Ward
Original recipe yields 2 - 9 inch pies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To Make Filling: Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cocoa and baking powder together until smooth; alternately mix in the milk and flour. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into pastry shells and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 60 to 70 minutes. Do not underbake.
- To Make Icing: Combine confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Gradually stir in milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread icing on pie once its out of the oven and still warm.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 490 cal
- 25 g
- 63.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I'm a hearth cook at Allaire State Park and we've baked this cake/pie for special events and all the voluteers loved it. At home I've used for birthdays and Easter. It is wonderful. This recipe is als..." See moreo easy to cut in half. Enjoy it!!"
Pecan Pie Bars I
Pinto Bean Pie II
Just swipe to see more like this.