Colombian Turmada Potatoes (Papa Turmada)3 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This baked potato casserole is a typical dish from the northeastern Colombian state 'Norte de Santander.' The ingredients can be easily found which makes it easy for people outside of Colombia to enjoy this easy to make dish.” - by lgvanegas
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the sausage in the hot oil for 5 minutes. Add the white onions and green onions; cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato, cumin, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place the bread cubes in a bowl; pour the milk over the bread making sure to wet each piece.
- Arrange about half of the potato slices into the bottom of the prepared dish. Spread the sausage mixture over the potatoes. Top with succeeding layers of the sliced eggs, about half of the moistened bread, the mozzarella cheese, the remaining potato slices, the remaining moistened bread, and finally the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated completely, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 645 cal
- 26 g
- 76.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Very tasty and pretty easy to make. I suggest using a bit more onion, tomato, and green onion, maybe double the recipe. I liked the addition of the bread, might even add a bit more next time...." See more"
"Nicely seasoned and very simple to make this dish. Leftovers were good also. I used a mild italian pork sausage so there was lots of meat to go around. I am not sure though what the purpose of the bre..." See moread was in this dish since it was not a lot."
Herbed Greek Roasted Potatoes with Feta Cheese
Delicious Stuffed Potato Pancakes
Just swipe to see more like this.