Cabbage Au Gratin16 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This recipe has boiled cabbage, smothered in a creamy white sauce, layers of cheese, then topped with more white sauce and bread crumbs. Yummy anytime.” - by Pat Bates
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place cabbage in a large pot of boiling water. Cook until tender, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add flour stirring constantly. Gradually add 2 cups of milk. Stir on medium heat until thickened.
- Layer cabbage in bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour 1/3 of white sauce over cabbage. Arrange six slices of cheese on that. Repeat, ending with white sauce.
- Bake in an oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 45 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 572 cal
- 35.6 g
- 43.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"My husband gave me the ultimate compliment saying, "You can make this again!" Here is what I did - steam the cabbage (healthier and tastier than boiling). Make a bechamel sauce with butter, flour (..." See moreI used Wondra) and 1 cup of milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Layer the tender cabbage, bechamel and grated Swiss cheese. Bake until golden on top and bubbly around the sides. Next time we're going to add a little mustard to the bechamel for extra tang. But it's delicious as is. I would have rated this higher, but I did make some changes. "
Cauliflower Au Gratin
Easy Au Gratin Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.