Grilled Asparagus with Roasted Garlic Toast and Balsamic Vinaigrette28 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This recipe is delicious during the spring. Even asparagus haters love this one. They do!” - by DJFoodie
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat the head of garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a baking sheet, and roast 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Once the garlic is roasted, cut the head in half horizontally, exposing all the cloves. Squeeze both halves into a bowl, discarding any skin. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- While the garlic is roasting, place the minced shallot in a bowl with the balsamic and red wine vinegars for about 30 minutes to let the flavors blend. Whisk in remaining olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place asparagus spears in the mixture until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place asparagus in a large skillet or directly on the grill. Grill the asparagus, turning over once, until tender, about 10 minutes. While asparagus is grilling, spread the roasted garlic mixture on the bread. Grill bread until toasted. Arrange the bread and asparagus on a plate, and drizzle with the remaining shallot and vinegar mixture.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 284 cal
- 17.6 g
- 26.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"Changed things up a bit here. Marinated about a pound of fresh asparagus in a ziploc for about 20 minutes with olive oil, balsamic vinagrette, garlic (from the jar) and shallots. Grilled on low for ab..." See moreout 12 minutes. Sprinkled with a little kosher salt. Easy & so yummy!"
"I did tons of shortcuts on this recipe and I don't think it mattered one bit as to the outcome. I toasted some French baquette slices. Pluse some minced garlic in the olive oil and brushed the top of ..." See morethe bread. For the asparagus, I marinated in some bottled balsamic vinegarette and then grilled. I love grilled asparagus. Next time, I might put some cheese on the toasts and then add the asparagus."
"This recipe worked well served at room temp. I boiled the asparagus the night before, tossed it in a plastic bag with the dressing and let it sit until the next night in the fridge. I simply let the a..." See moresparagus come to room temp in the bag, plated it up and set it on the dinner table. I used the dressing left in the plastic bag to dress a simple salad. Everything was superb!!!"
Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce
Roasted Asparagus and Garlic
Just swipe to see more like this.