Tuna Cheese Whirl Casserole3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is a different breed of tuna and cheese casserole. A stunning new style of hot dish that will turn the world upside down.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 1 1/2 or 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix with 2/3 cup milk and knead until the dough pulls together. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and form into a rectangle 1/4 to 1/2 inches thick. Arrange 1/2 of the pimento cheese and the pimentos on the dough and roll up the dough lengthwise. Cut the roll into 6 equal portions.
- In a large saucepan, cook onions and bell pepper in butter until soft.
- Pour soup into the saucepan, along with 1 cup milk, tuna, and 1/2 of the pimento cheese. Cook the mixture over a medium heat until the cheese is melted. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Arrange the 6 slices of dough, cut-side down, on top of the sauce in the casserole dish. Push the dough into the sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until whirls are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 443 cal
- 24.7 g
- 33 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe turned out GREAT!!! I used grated mild cheddar cheese instead of the pimento loaf, and i set the whirls and sauce on top of freshly steamed vegetables. I will definately use this recipe ag..." See moreain. :)"
"Good flavor, but the sauce part was way too soupy. I'd try it with another can of condensed soup instead of the milk. Also, maybe it's just me, but my biscuit swirls didn't turn out at all swirly! ..." See moreI also omitted pimentos & onion & added 2 cloves of garlic."
"Okay, 6 oz tuna is not going to feed six - if they want to taste tuna. I ran out of biscuit mix & subbed pancake mix. It was fine. 'Couldn't tell. I also used shredded cheddar & onion powder. 'Tr..." See moreying to get fish in the kids. They couldn't taste it & they ate two each. Wow. I could barely see or taste it myself. I didn't do any sauce. Sooo, good for the kids since they ate it; but basically a biscuit that I could pass on."
Easy Macaroni Tuna Casserole
Tuna Noodle Casserole II
Just swipe to see more like this.