All American Apple Pie416 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Quick and easy, with a great non-crust topping. Try a variety of apples, mix it up...” - by Amy
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, oil, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and salt until evenly blended. Pat mixture into a 9 inch pie pan, spreading the dough evenly over the bottom and up sides. Crimp edges of the dough around the perimeter.
- To Make Filling: Mix together 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Spread evenly in unbaked pie shell.
- To Make Topping: Using a pastry cutter, mix together 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter until evenly distributed and crumbly in texture. Sprinkle over apples.
- Put pie in the oven on a cookie sheet to catch the juices that may spill over. Bake 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 529 cal
- 25.9 g
- 72.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (416)Rate This Recipe
"That an awesome and easy to make pie. Well, I took a shortcut and used a frozen pie crust. But, it was so easy. I picked this recipe becasue I was out of brown sugar and did a search to see if ther..." See moree was such an apple pie using only white- and here it is! I did take one reviewer's advice and added 1 TB lemon juice and 2 TB cornstarch - then as advised, put it all in a saucepan to ensure the apples cook better. After about 20 on 'low' (and stirring frequently!), I poured it into my premade crust. Then, for the topping, I didn't have a pastry cutter, so I used a fork. And, I'm a sweet tooth, so I doubled the amounts for the crumb crust. I added cinnamon and a little sugar now and then as I was mashing with my fork. I loaded the pie with these crumbles. After about 40 min, I took it out (remember, I already cooked my apples earlier), and it was golden brown and crunchy on top and my crust was not overdone or dry since I didn't have to bake as long."
"This recipe is excellent! I made a few slight adjustments, however, that made the pie even better. Use just under the amounts shown for oil and salt for the crust. Add 1 TBS of lemon juice and 2 TBS c..." See moreornstarch to the filling mixture and cook in a saucepan until tender, then put in the unbaked pie crust. Use 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, and a few dashes of cinnamon, along with the other ingredients, to make the topping. You can also add some rolled oats and chopped pecans to the topping mixture for added variety. Enjoy!"
"This was the best apple pie I've ever made, and I've been baking for years. I needed to bake it longer than the recipe called for, but as soon as it was goldening up, I took it out. It got rave review..." See mores from everyone at dinner. I found that the recipe was good just as it was. (Some previous submitters had recommended cutting sugar or butter). If you're extremely health conscious, I guess you could, but it's absolutely delicious as is. Also, those complaining that it was doughy only had to bake it longer. If you tap lightly on the crumb topping, and it leaves an indent, then it still needs to bake some. An absolutely outstanding pie!"
Apple Crumb Pie
Fireman's Apple Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.