Bierrocks I20 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“Pastry pockets filled with beef, cabbage, onions, and cheese. Can go straight from the freezer in to the oven.” - by ANDIBECKMAN
Original recipe yields 18 bierrocks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Dough: In a large bowl, mix together milk and oil. Stir in eggs, yeast, sugar, salt and 5 cups of flour. Mix well adding remaining cup of flour as necessary to form kneadable dough. Knead for a few minutes, then cover bowl and let dough rise one hour in a warm place.
- To Make Filling: Brown beef in a large saucepan; do not drain juices. Add onion and cabbage to skillet and continue cooking until onion is soft; add salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
- After dough has risen, roll out hunks of dough (about the size of tennis balls) as thin as possible. Place 1/2 slice of cheese on dough, top with filling, then place other 1/2 of cheese on top of filling. Fold over and seal like a turnover (moistening edges with water may help seal them). Place on a baking sheet, brush with egg wash and, if desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately or cool and freeze for later. To reheat frozen bierrocks simply bake until hot.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 441 cal
- 20.1 g
- 41.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"Thanks for a wonderful recipe, Andi! I have made this several times with many variations. Your filling was good enhanced with grated Parmesan cheese in place of American, garlic powder and pepperoni p..." See moreieces. I have also made it with ground beef, bacon and onion.The dough is wonderful for any kind of baked sandwich. Here's a yummy variation without cabbage and hamburger: spread the dough rounds with cream cheese, then layer with cotto salami, parmesan cheese, ham or chicken slices, onion slice, tomato slice and green pepper slices. Mmmm Good!"
"These are pretty good. I don't know if I used too little cheese, but the filling was kind of bland. I definitely want to try them again because I love the idea and the dough was really delicious and..." See more easy to make. I'll probably tweak the filling a little bit...maybe try pizza toppings or fajita ingredients. These keep well in the freezer and reheat for a quick dinner or lunch."
Tamale Pie II
Just swipe to see more like this.