Irresistible Pecan Pie423 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“This is the most amazing pecan pie. Once you start eating it you can't stop.” - by IHART44
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
- On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- To Make Pie Filling: In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely crushed pecans. Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust. Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for one hour or until firm; let cool for one hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 452 cal
- 28.2 g
- 49.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (423)Rate This Recipe
"I have been baking pecan pie for years and I have a couple suggestions.1 please add vanilla to your base. It is nessesary.2 I think you will fall in love with pecan pie all over again if you use a tea..." See morespoon of cinnamon in the filling. 3 Try using a shortcake cookie crust instead of the traditional. Keep this crust moist as it will cook for 40-45 min when you bake the pie. You may also put a cookie sheet under the pie to reduce the chance of an over cooked crust.4 the last tip. If you find that your pecan pie is a bit sticky instead of having a slightly firm body add one Table spoon of all purpose flour to your base or filling mixture. I hope that these tips are helpful!! Try them you will be in for a real Treat!!!!!!!!"
"First of all, the crust was awful, and the filling lacked something: VANILLA! I made it again using my own pie crust recipe and added 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. I also omitted the finely chopped pecan..." See mores, because it just seemed unnecessary. The result was FABULOUS! Not too sweet and lots of nuts, just right. I gave it 5 stars."
"This is a wonderful recipe!! I've never made a pecan pie before, and it was wonderfully easy. After one test trial, I decided to follow a few of the reviewers hints - I added a tablespoon of flour, ..." See moretwo teaspoons of vanilla extract, and a sprinkling of cinnamin to the filling for a wonderful flavor, and to stop the pie from getting too gooey. It will be a wonderful addition to our Thanksgiving table!!"
Pecan Pie V
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.