Bob's Awesome Lasagna607 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is a traditional baked lasagna that is a favorite in our family. Ground beef, cottage cheese, and mozzarella make it rich and filling.” - by Bob
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute ground beef, onions, salt and garlic salt until meat is brown. Drain excess fat, add spaghetti sauce to beef mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking pan.
- Line bottom of pan with three lasagna noodles. Spread 1/3 of sauce mixture over noodles. Layer 1/3 of the cottage cheese over the sauce. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella over the cottage cheese. Repeat this layering process until all ingredients are used up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 335 cal
- 14.6 g
- 26.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (607)Rate This Recipe
"Very rich and tender lasagne and easy/quick to prepare. But a few additions: add 1/2 box of 10oz. frozen, chopped spinach to meat mixture while cooking for more nutrition & color. Moms, this is a g..." See moreood way to sneak in something green. Also, as previous reviews states, the cottage cheese needs one egg to bind together or else it's too runny. And add a few dashes of grated nutmeg to cottage mixture- (an old italian secret!). And one more trick for lasagna makers: no need to wash an extra pot to boil lasagna noodles. Put very hot tap water into a large bowl and soak the raw, hard noodles for 20-30 min. Noodles won't be cooked, but soft and can complete it's cooking in the oven. I learned this trick from a caterer, try it!"
"This is truly a fast (45 minutes to prepare ingredients) and easy recipe. This was my first lasagna ever, and it turned out really tasty. I did use Ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese (wanted a..." See more classic feel), however, I don't think it had any impact on the taste. I read all of the reviews and based on all suggestions made the following alterations: 1. Doubled the meat amount. 2. Added 1 teaspoon dried oregano to meat/spaghetti sause mixture. 3. Added 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasonig to meat/spaghetti sause mixture. 4. Used Presco Spaghetti sause with mushrooms 5. Added 1 teaspoon dried oregano to cheese mixture. 6. Added 2 eggs to cheese mixture 7. Added 2 teaspoons of fresh minsed parsley to cheese mix 8. Added a layer of sauteed mushrooms after the meat layer. 9. Added a few slices (5 per layer) of Provologne cheese after the mozarella, except for the top (no Provologne cheese there). 10. Did not grease the pan, but put a layer of meat instead. 11. Did not cook the lasagna noodles beforehand. They cooked very well in the oven. 12. Kept in the oven heated to 350F for about 50 minutes. Next time I'll try Italian sausage and some garlic in the cheese."
"By far the best lasana I've ever had. Almost too easy to be true!! The only alteration I make is I mix the two cheeses together along with two eggs which holds it together better. When I get to the..." See more top layer I top the last layer of cheese mixture with a light layer of only mozzeralla chesse. Make it the night before and bake it the next day---really lets the flavor set in!! YUMMM!!"
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.