Black Bean Cakes15 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“These are really delicious, especially when served with sour cream or the homemade sauce included in this recipe! They are great for Chinese New Year.” - by Donna
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place black beans in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, or until tender.
- In an electric blender or food processor, process black beans until smooth. Stir in cumin, chili powder, salt, and cilantro; blend. Roll the mixture into balls, allowing 3 tablespoons of mixture per ball.
- Place balls between sheets of wax paper and press down on the wax paper to form 1/8 inch thick rounds.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Fry the cakes 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, milk, and cayenne pepper (to taste). Serve the sauce over the hot black bean cakes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 175 cal
- 3 g
- 28.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Hello All: I added one large egg and 3/4 cup of cornmeal. It made it easier to control the patties. I put them on a cookie sheet using parchment paper, then I sprayed a little pam on each pattie. I ba..." See moreked them on 350 for about 30 minutes they came out wonderful and I cut the fat."
"This is delicious. I used canned black beans and needed to add some bread crumbs in order to roll into balls. I put them in a tortilla with some tomato and sour cream and had as a main dish...." See more"
Cold Black Bean Salad
Black Bean and Corn Pasta with Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.