Microwave Chocolate Pie11 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“A blend of chocolate and meringue. This is an easy and delicious microwave pie!” - by Fae Adams
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, mix together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, salt and 1/2 cup of milk until smooth. Once it is mixed well, stir in remaining milk. Microwave on high for 5 to 8 minutes or until thick; stir halfway through cooking.
- In a small bowl, place a small amount of the hot mixture and beat together with egg yolks. Stir back into original mixture in casserole dish. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until thickened; stir frequently. Blend in butter and the 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- To Make Meringue: In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar at a time until stiff peaks form; stir in vanilla. Spread meringue over top of pie filling.
- Seal rim of pie with aluminum foil, then bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes or just until meringue gets browned.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 298 cal
- 11.4 g
- 44.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I have been making chocolate pies like this for years. It also works for coconut (leave off the chocolate and add coconut, sprinkling coconut on the meringue). The only difference in this recipe and..." See more mine is that I use 1 cup of sugar and 6 T of cocoa along with 3T flour and 1 1/2 T cornstarch. This makes a little more filling and I like the texture better than using just cornstarch for thickening. I also use a wire whisk to stir."
"Very dark chocolate. Great flavor and easy to make, though I think I'd personally prefer the meringue to be a bit higher. My husband, who normally doesn't like chocolate pie, scraped his plate clean ..." See moreand wanted assurance there was going to be some left for later!"
Double Chocolate Pie
Chocolate Meringue Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.