Yummy Yam Casserole195 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“I call this the 'recipe with legs' because every time I serve it, the recipe is requested. Even those who dislike yams and sweet potatoes love this tasty dish! This dish can be frozen, but freeze it without the pecan topping. Defrost before baking.” - by LIZALOUISE
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Poke yams in several places with a fork, then cook them on high power in microwave oven until heated through and soft, about 20 minutes. When cooled, remove skins and place the yams in a large bowl.
- Beat yams until smooth. Then beat in one egg at a time, blending after each addition. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 cup melted butter, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg; beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3 quart casserole dish. Arrange the pecans in a single layer on top. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 491 cal
- 25.5 g
- 64.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (195)Rate This Recipe
"I put a review on this way back in 99 or 2000 and I have to say 7 or 8 years later, this is still a champion! I'll be forever grateful for this recipe. I thought the original poster would like to know..." See more how this recipe and her willingness to share it has become a family tradition in another person's home. My mother made something called 'Yam Puff' for years. Early in my marriage I could not find that favorite recipe and tried this one. This one was even better and I've now made it for 8 or 9 years straight. Thanks again! Thank you to all the wonderful people here who share their best-loved recipes.:-D"
"The hit of every Thanksgiving dinner I bring it to! I actually use yams from a can and it works just fine. Just drain most of the syrup before beating. This one will go in my Thanksgiving lineup f..." See moreor years to come!"
"I omitted the eggs and butter from the yam mixture and used orange juice instead to make it a little more healthy (and add a little extra citrus kick). It was really great this way, not heavy at all. ..." See moreI did however use the 1/4 melted butter for the topping. It was really tasty and I will surely make it again."
Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole
Apple Yam Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.