Buried Cherry Cookies12 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 12 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“An easy cookie that tastes like a chocolate covered cherry in an almond cookie crust!” - by NGG426
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cookies
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drain the cherries and reserve about 2 tablespoons of the juice. Cut the cherries in half if large, and set aside.
- Beat the softened butter, sugar, and baking powder with an electric mixer until thoroughly creamed and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in the egg and almond extract, then add the flour gradually, and beat just until blended. Pinch off pieces of dough, roll into 1-inch balls, place the balls on an ungreased baking sheet, and press your thumb in the center of each cookie to make a dent. Place a cherry or cherry half in the indentation of each cookie.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate with the condensed milk, and stir until smooth. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of reserved cherry juice to the mixture, or as needed, to thin the frosting; frosting will be thick. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of frosting over each cherry, covering the cherry completely.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven until firm and slightly browned, about 12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 1 minute before removing, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 151 cal
- 5.6 g
- 23.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Made these several times. They freeze beautifully and after finding some after 6 months in the freezer, they were still delicious. Wonderful dark chocolate cherry cookie for the Christmas Cookie Tra..." See morey!!!"
"I just tried this recipe out today. I doubled it, but needed to add more butter and a third egg for there to be enough moisture. They turned out pretty nice. I have posted the first photo for the reci..." See morepe, just waiting for it to be added to the site."
"Really good cookie-I used a version of this recipe that makes these cookies chocolate by adding in 1/3 cup cocoa powder. I also made the chocolate frosting by melting 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate ..." See morechips with 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk which made it nice and creamy. I will definitely make these again."
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies II
Cherry Icebox Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.