Lisa's Favorite Carne Asada Marinade143 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 day 40 min
“I've tried many marinade recipes for carne asada and this is our family favorite!” - by Lisa Arlotti
Original recipe yields 1 1/2 cups marinade
- Combine the orange, lemon, and lime juice in a large glass or ceramic bowl along with the garlic, soy sauce, chipotle pepper, chili power, ground cumin, paprika, dried oregano, black pepper, and cilantro. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until marinade is well combined. Remove one cup of the marinade and place in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for use after the meat is cooked.
- Place the flank steak between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the steak with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4 inch. After pounding, poke steak all over with a fork. Add the meat to the marinade in the large bowl, cover, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Discard used marinade. Remove meat from heat and slice across the grain.
- Pour the one cup of reserved, unused marinade over the hot meat and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 207 cal
- 14 g
- 5.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (143)Rate This Recipe
"Ok, so initially (upon first bite) I was taken aback by the overpowering citrus flavor. As I continued to eat, it got better. I don't recommend this as a piece of meat by itself, but rather, shredded ..." See moreor chopped for tacos or burritos. You talk about a SUPERB taco meat?!?!?!?!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!! It made enough that I have a sigificant amount left for freezing to be used for tacos again down the road. Thanks for this recipe!"
"this was fabulous. I did it it in the crock pot and the meat was like butter!! delicious!!..." See more"
"Thanks Lisa for sumitting this recipe.The meat came out juicy, flavouful and tender,this marinade is very similar to what they use at carnicerias (mex. butcher's shop).The only changes i made was to o..." See moremitt the soy sauce and I also added chopped green onios to the marinade,very good will use many times."
Fish Tacos with Honey-Cumin Cilantro Slaw and Chipotle Mayo
Shredded Beef Chimichangas
Just swipe to see more like this.