True Blue Custard Crunch Pie97 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is delicious warm and even better after refrigerating! The custard like filling and crunchy topping are so complimentary. It is not your ordinary blueberry pie and is so simple to prepare.” - by Baker Beth
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Beat together sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar, egg, 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla extract and salt in a mixing bowl until smooth. Gently fold the blueberries into the sour cream mixture. Spoon the filling into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- While the filling is baking, prepare the streusel crunch topping: In a medium bowl combine 3 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until crumbly. Fold in the chopped pecans. After the filling has baked 25 minutes, sprinkle the streusel crunch topping over the top of the pie.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, about 15 additional minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 378 cal
- 21.2 g
- 44.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (97)Rate This Recipe
"Oustanding! Perfect texture and flavor - not overly sweet, full-on blueberry-ful. I increased the filling by 1/2 (using 1/2 of a beaten egg) to fill a deep-dish pie pan, so mine needed about 15 minute..." See mores longer baking time. This sets and slices beautifully when chilled (I didn't serve any until I chilled it, so I'm not sure how it does warm). Thanks for the recipe!"
"This was incredibly simple to make and very delicious. The center wasn't set at all when I pulled it out after 25 minutes to add the topping, so I baked for an additional 10 minutes before adding the..." See more topping. Also, one of my dinner guests is allergic to tree nuts, so I substituted brown sugar for the pecans, and it was still very flavorful and crunchy. "
Blueberry Crumb Pie
Sweet Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.