Lasagna Toss65 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This is based on a recipe that I received from my aunt at my bridal shower about 6 years ago. I finally used it this last year and modified it to make it a quicker meal. Hey, a working wife has to survive somehow! This is a quick, and EASY, alternative to lasagna when you don't have much time, it's great for a weeknight meal! Serve with side salad and garlic bread and you have a quick and yummy meal! ” - by jbabb
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2.5 quart baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender, and drain.
- Cook and stir the Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the fat from the meat, pour the cooked pasta and spaghetti sauce into the skillet, and stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour half of the hot pasta-sausage mixture into the prepared baking dish, spread with the cottage cheese in an even layer, and sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese. Spread the remaining pasta mixture over the cheese, and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until the casserole is hot and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Let it stand 5 minutes to firm up before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 386 cal
- 19.3 g
- 29.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (65)Rate This Recipe
"I made this and it was really good. I ended up adding an 8 oz can of tomato sauce as it really didn't coat the penne pasta enuf... I also, made it in a 9x13 dish and it was all the way to the top bef..." See moreore I added the cheese...I let it bake, then added the cheese to melt...I used more than an 8 oz package...I made this and shared with our neighbor whose birthday was yesterday...She is a real picky eater and she liked it..."
"Very simple to assemble - got positive comments from the crew. Only change was to go 1/2 Italian sausage meat, 1/2 ground beef...." See more"
Sausage and Zucchini Lasagna
All-Time Favorite Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.