Chicken Fajita Melts179 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“These cheesy chicken sandwich melts have all of the flavor of fajitas without the drippy mess!” - by laughingmagpie
Original recipe yields 8 sandwiches
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced onions and red peppers, and cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomato juice and taco seasoning, and mix well. Cook mixture until the juice has thickened and the chicken is well coated with sauce, about an additional 7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of salsa over each slice of French bread. Evenly spoon the chicken mixture on top of the salsa topped bread. Sprinkle each sandwich with 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Place sandwiches under the preheated broiler and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 397 cal
- 16.6 g
- 19.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (179)Rate This Recipe
"very good! I added sliced avocado and sliced tomatoes underneath the chicken mixture and added extra cheese. I also used rye bread which turned out yummy! One tip: toast the bread on both sides under..." See more the broiler so it won't get soggy when you add the toppings."
"What a great idea Laughingmagpie! We love fajitas, and this was a delicous way to make them! I did toast my bread first(as I do for Bruschetta). Will make these again and again. The only thing I will ..." See moredo different, is to use fresh spices (garlic, cilantro, lime juice, etc.)next time to season the meat, instead of the taco packet:just a preference. Thank you, for a new favorite!"
Catherine's Spicy Chicken Soup
Lime Chicken Soft Tacos
Just swipe to see more like this.