Orange Cracker Apricot Chicken29 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This recipe makes very moist chicken thighs breaded with cracker crumbs and coated in apricot preserves. I make this at least once every two weeks.” - by rSteinbock
Original recipe yields 4 thighs
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the orange juice, mustard, and salt in a small bowl. Mix together the cracker crumbs, orange zest, and black pepper on a plate. Coat each chicken thigh in the orange juice mixture and then press into the cracker crumb mixture to cover both sides completely. Place the breaded thighs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes; flip and continue baking until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Switch the oven setting to 'Broil.'
- Top each thigh with 1 tablespoon of the apricot preserves and place beneath the oven's broiler until the preserves begin to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes. When the chicken looks like it is starting to burn it is done.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 328 cal
- 14.9 g
- 27.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"This was amazingly easy and SO tasty! This is now in my weekly rotation.. The only 2 things I did differently were to use Jack Daniel's Dijon mustard, which gave the chicken a nice smoky BBQ flavor, a..." See morend I used 2 extra large chicken breasts that I pounded down to about 1/2" thick. A quick note: Don't overdo the preserves. I put 3-4T on the first chicken breast because I thought the chicken breast was bigger and would need more. Not so! The preserves didn't caramelize as nicely as the breast I only put 2T of preserves on."
"I don't normally like orange or citrus flavoring in my food but my husband wanted to try this and he was right. This recipe tastes great and I will definitely make this again...." See more"
Savory Apricot Chicken with Vegetable Rice
Bev's Orange Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.