Roast Duck with Apple Dressing31 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“When you're in the mood for something rich and flavorful, try this wild duck rubbed with light seasoning and stuffed with apples, celery and onion.” - by Debbie
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rinse duck and pat dry; rub with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and celery in butter until tender. In a medium bowl, combine with apple and cornbread crumbs. Mix together to make dressing (if necessary, add a little water to moisten).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fill the duck's cavity with dressing, and sew shut with kitchen twine. Rub outside of bird lightly with olive oil, and place in a shallow roasting pan or 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 80 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C.)
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 477 cal
- 22.3 g
- 38.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"My duck was 4.3 lbs. and barely had enough meat for 2 adults and 2 small kids. There were no leftovers which my husband usually takes to lunch for the next day. The apple stuffing was fantastic. I did..." See moren't peel the apples and the skins weren't even noticeable when the stuffing was cooked. I also added some poultry seasoning and celery leaves, chopped, to the stuffing before cooking. The leaves added more celery flavor and looks pretty too. I too had extra stuffing after stuffing the duck, so I put the extra in a baking dish and dotted with butter and baked for 30 min. at 350. Before I took the stuffing out of the oven, I left the stuffing on the middle rack of the oven and turned the broiler on to give the stuffing some crunchy bits. Careful not to burn. Great recipe. Thanks."
"I was looking for something than turkey for christmas and came upon the idea of duck. The duck turned out as excellent as the dressing which had pecans pieces added and a tad less apples that called ..." See morefor. To round out the meal we fixed baked sweet potatoes with ginger and honey and fried okra (both also found on allrecipes.com)."
Roasted Sherry Duck
Just swipe to see more like this.