Chile Relleno Casserole102 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This is a Mexican-style casserole made with hamburger and green chile peppers. It produces a much simpler version of chile rellenos, which are simply stuffed chile peppers.” - by VENOM99
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine the ground beef and onions and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned; drain excess fat.
- Arrange 1 can of the chile peppers on the bottom of a 7x11 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half the cheese and top with the meat mixture. Sprinkle the meat mixture with the remaining cheese, followed by the next can of chile peppers.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, flour and milk, whisking until smooth. Pour this into the baking dish over the chile peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 511 cal
- 35.5 g
- 13.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (102)Rate This Recipe
"Just looking at this recipe, I could tell it would be WAY too bland for our tastes, as other reviewers noted. To liven it up and make it a 5* recipe, add a packet of taco seasoning, 2 tsp fresh garlic..." See more, a Tbsp of chile sauce, and some black pepper. I also used monterey-jack cheese and added chili powder to the top. Excellent with changes!"
"I have been using a version of this recipe for years. For the milk I use a 14 oz can of evap. milk only. I live alone so I make the casserole in mini-loaf pans and freeze, then thaw and heat when I ..." See morewant it later."
"Loved it!! I usually try to follow a recipe closely on the first try, but I did make some changes to this based on other reviews. I added about 1/3 packet of taco seasoning to the meat, and some pep..." See moreper jack cheese to the casserole. This may not be authentic Mexican, and may not taste exactly like chili rellenos, but it's darn good and I will be making it again!"
Chili Relleno Casserole
Hamburger Potato Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.