Polish Style Lasagna151 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Rich with potatoes, pasta, onion, butter and cream cheese, this pierogi-like dish is the best! It's also quick and easy to make. Serve with your favorite vegetable.” - by Kim
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain, pat dry and interleave in a damp towel to keep moist OR spray each noodle with cooking spray OR lightly apply some oil.
- In a separate large skillet over medium heat, combine the onions with the butter and saute for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the instant mashed potatoes according to package directions, but omit the milk. Stir in the cream cheese until well blended.
- Place 3 noodles in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread 1/2 the potato mixture over the noodles in the dish. Top this with 3 more noodles, followed by the other 1/2 of the potato mixture. Finish by topping with the remaining 3 noodles, then top those with sauteed onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until bubbly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 415 cal
- 29.3 g
- 32.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (151)Rate This Recipe
"as for being polish myself, i was very pleased with it.i used real potatoes made the way we make them old style, and it came out great. a little hint, try adding a little sharp cheese,american cheese,..." See moreonion,and cream cheese to potatoes next time.it will give flavor."
"It keeps getting better....I suggest saving some potato and cheese filling to cover the top layer of noodle and use lots of onion. A layer of fried cabbage doesn't hurt...." See more"
"I had printed this recipe off in a recent search for a good lasagna. One day, my husband and I realized that we had what seemed to be nothing to eat in the house. Both of us being pooped from a long..." See more day at work, we didn't have the energy to take that walk to the grocery. I saw the recipe hanging on the frig and realized we had everything needed. Altho, heavy this recipe was great. Luckily the lonely bag of frozen vegetables in the freezer accompanied it well. My twist: I added ricotta cheese in with the potato layer."
Convenient Vegetarian Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.