Sunday Sticky Chicken18 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is my variation on Maryland-style fried chicken. Serve with hot rice and a green vegetable.” - by Joe Stelling
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, seasoned salt and ground black pepper. Place the chicken parts in the bag and shake to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken parts in the hot oil and lightly brown quickly on all sides. Transfer chicken parts to a Dutch oven, add the milk and broth and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and transfer chicken to a serving dish. In a separate small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water, and mix well until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture a little at a time to the liquid in the Dutch oven, until you reach your desired consistency. Serve this gravy over the chicken or on the side.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 691 cal
- 38.8 g
- 25.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"I really enjoyed this recipie--the chicken was mosit and very tender. I did add additional seasonings to spice the gravy up a bit--mostly more pepper and a little sage. It's a great dish for those tha..." See moret miss the gravy!"
"I worried the gravy would be bland so I spiced it up. I also spiced up the shake and bake mix. I added liberal amounts of Mrs.Dash, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder, also I needed more flour (1/2c). ..." See more I doubled the gravy with little changes. I made it with 2c water, flour, 4 TBS corn starch, and the fried drippings from step one. This did the trick. The chicken was very moist! Very easy to make. Thanks for the good recipe! Will make again!"
Roaster Yorkshire Chicken
Kathy's Delicious Whole Slow Cooker Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.